Forts of the Forgotten
Forts of the Forgotten is the second Adventure in Sea of Thieves. It began on March 24, 2022 and ended on April 7, 2022. The adventure's story is centered around rescuing the captive residents of Golden Sands from the Sea Forts recently brought forth from the Sea of the Damned.
With the Sea Forts in place and their soldiers pledging allegiance to Flameheart, the fog cloaking those afflicted islands has mostly vanished, although Golden Sands remains as stubbornly shrouded as ever. Unwilling to leave the Outpost’s denizens to an unknown fate, Belle has continued her search and has an idea of their location at last.
Pirates will soon have reasons other than riches to face the Phantom hordes, for it’s in the newly manifested Sea Forts that the hapless captives have been imprisoned. If they’re not saved from the intimidating Phantom Jailor and those he serves, Wonda and her neighbours are sure to face a sticky end before too long.
Pirate crews looking to enact a daring rescue (not to mention earn an exclusive Memento from this Adventure) should sharpen their swords and prepare themselves to lay siege in ‘Forts of the Forgotten’, running from March 24th to April 7th. After all, who knows what useful information Flameheart’s prisoners might have gathered during their time in captivity…?
Adventure Recap before The Shrouded Deep
|Wonda-ing Free |
Across Flameheart’s Sea Forts, the prison cells have fallen silent and the Jailors who guarded them have been sent back into the void. This is all thanks to the valiant efforts of pirates acting on Belle’s behalf, fighting through Phantoms to release the inhabitants of Golden Sands Outpost from imprisonment.
Conversations with those captives soon revealed that the Reapers’ devious ambitions were centered on Wonda, resident weaponsmith of Golden Sands and known to be just as skilled at her craft as her sister Wanda, who had formerly served at Flameheart’s side.
Attempting to coerce Wonda into taking her sibling’s place, the Servant of the Flame chose to lay innocent lives on the line. Had Belle not intervened, Wonda’s stubborn refusal to surrender seemed destined to end in a binding ritual, sealing the prisoners’ souls away in Enchantment Vessels – possibly forever.
When talking with Wonda after her release, pirates picked up on a strange rumour she’d overheard from Phantom guards: namely, that Flameheart has somehow captured one of the Ancients, a mysterious people that once inhabited the seas we sail today.
Unlikely as it may sound, this ghostly gossip certainly holds meaning for Belle. Flameheart’s need for a skilled warmonger, a surplus of Dark Relics and his renewed interest in the Sea of the Damned all seem related to an artefact Belle names as the Veil of the Ancients. An artefact last seen disappearing into the maw of a near-mythical Megalodon…
Deeds are challenges related to the Adventure but reward Renown:
- Find Belle at Golden Sands Outpost
- Defeat Phantom Jailors (3)
- Deliver an Enchantment Vessel to Belle for study.
- Speak to Wonda once she's freed.
- Speak to Tina once she's freed.
- Speak to Tom once he's freed.
- Speak to Cecil once he's freed.
- Speak to Sharon once she's freed.
- Speak to Senior Trader Mavis once she's freed.
- Speak to Hugh the Hoarder once he's freed.
- Speak to Madame Olga once she's freed.
- Speak to Emily once they're freed.
|Jailor's Cutlass||"A sword plundered from the merciless Phantom Jailor who imprisoned Wonda and her friends."||Complete the Adventure.|
|Freer of Forgotten Forts||"A Title awarded to those who rescued the imprisoned inhabitants of Golden Sands Outpost."||Complete all Deeds during the Adventure.|
Chapter One: The Adventure Begins...
- As you approach any Outpost tavern, Larinna can be heard beckoning you over. Speak with her and choose the "[BEGIN ADVENTURE] I'm ready to speak with Belle." dialogue option to begin the Adventure. Once she has delivered the dialogue, begin your sail to Golden Sands Outpost.
- Once you arrive at Golden Sands Outpost, you will find Belle standing in front of the tavern. Speak with her to complete the first chapter.
Chapter Two: A Risky Rescue
- Speak with Belle at Golden Sands Outpost by selecting the "[CONTINUE ADVENTURE] I'm ready to save some prisoners" dialogue option. She will give you instructions on your objective.
- To finish this chapter, you must complete the following objectives:
- Locate and travel to Sea Forts. You must complete at least three Sea Forts; one in each of the original three regions.
- Defeat at least one Phantom Jailor at a Sea Fort and acquire its Prison Cell Key.
- Use the Prison Cell Key to free the prisoners trapped in the cell on the lower level of each Sea Fort, and speak with each one.
- Deliver at least one Enchantment Vessel to Belle. These can be found on the floor of each Prison Cell, along with the prisoners.
- Once each objective is completed, return to Belle at Golden Sands Outpost. Speak with her and select the "[COMPLETE ADVENTURE] Wonda mentioned Flameheart has an Ancient held captive..." dialogue option.
Chapter Three: Ancient Answers
- After a short section of spoken dialogue, the Adventure will complete and the Jailor's Cutlass will be awarded immediately.
Chapter One Dialogue
Larinna: While the Adventure has been activated
You said something about Sea Forts?
Well, whatever you call them. They're big, they're heavily defended and they're full of angry Phantoms
If Flameheart's plan was to bring his reinforcements from the Sea of the Damned, it looks like it succeeded.
Whatever lies he's fed them, the soldiers at the Forts have sworn allegiance to Flameheart as their new master.
Mind you, in the wider world, Sea Forts tend to be packed full of plunder. Perhaps these are, too?
I suppose pirates could attempt to claim a Fort for themselves... Just don't expect Flameheart to surrender them easily!
Belle wants to speak with me?
I'm not surprised. Word of what happened at Shipwreck Bay has been spreading in recent days.
Clearly, Belle thinks you have what it takes to help her bring the residents of Golden Sands Outpost back home.
She seems to have taken their disappearance personally - which is good, because I have no idea where to start searching.
I suspect you don't have a lot of time to mount a rescue, so you'd best get yourself ready for anything.
Once you've prepared, come back and speak with me. I'll point you in the right direction!
Belle: Completing Chapter One
Good, you're here! I assume that means you got my message. We have some prisoners to save...
(Voiceover starts and Chapter One completes)
Chapter Two Dialogue
Beginning Chapter Two
Belle: During Chapter Two
Head out to a Sea Fort and do whatever it takes to rescue the prisoners! Be sure to bring me any Enchantment Vessels you find. They may prove useful...
Prisoners: During Chapter Two
Chapter Three Dialogue
VIEW PROGRESS LOG
|Chapter One Beginning
With Flameheart's Sea Forts now having fully manifested in the Sea of Thieves, Belle has returned in their wake. She brings news of those who have been missing ever since the destruction of Golden Sands Outpost.
- During the Adventure, Sea Forts use Phantom Cannonballs instead of standard Cannonballs when firing upon approaching ships.
- The Prison Cell Key found during this adventure has a unique key jangle sound effect when picked up.
- The note given before starting the Adventure, and the note given for Chapter I of the adventure have the same text, however, they have different font sizes.
Promotional image for Forts of the Forgotten, showcasing Golden Sands Outpost.
Belle outside the The Captain's Head tavern on Golden Sands.
The note given by Larinna at the start of the adventure.
Chapter Two's Quest Book on the Voyage Table.
Outside Sea Forts, ghostly visions of Reaper's Ships can be spotted.
- 2.5.1 (April 7, 2022)
- 188.8.131.52 (March 24, 2022)
- Adventure Begins.
- Adventures Ahead: Forts of the Forgotten on Sea of Thieves News
- Adventures Ahead: The Shrouded Deep (Forts of the Forgotten Recap) on Sea of Thieves News