This long island has a ruined fishing village to the north, a narrow tunnel headed through the middle of its central landmass, and small beach access to the south.
The island is defended by two land cannons on the western coastline.
The island features:
- Wanda's Lab (Cursed Sails). The entrance is on the south side of the west end of the tunnel that cuts through the mainland.
- 1 Ammo Crate
- North-west beach near the tunnel that cuts through the mainland.
- 2 Campfires
- North-west end of the tunnel that cuts through the mainland.
- Near the south beach on the open sandy area.
- 2 Cannons
- Atop the northwest hill, facing west.
- Atop the southwest hill of the mainland, facing west.
- These Tall Tales have journals on this island; Journals can only be found while Tale is active. See Tall Tales section below for locations.
The following Tall Tale objectives take place on this island:
|The Cursed Rogue|
|The Legendary Storyteller|
|Revenge of the Morningstar|
Legends of the Sea
The following Legends of the Sea player immortalizations are found on this island:
- "Nice to be Wanted", a wanted poster tacked to a settlement in the upper central area.
- An early name for the island was "Wanderer's Archipelago" as shown in a tweet by Sea of Thieves creative director Gregg Mayles. The sandy connections between the three main landmasses would have been absent.
- Evidence of this in-game can be found in a riddle that refers to the "hilltop settlement on the large island", despite Wanderers Refuge only being one landmass. The riddle location is in the center of the island, which would have been the largest landmass of the three should the islands have been disconnected from one another.
See it on RareThief's Interactive Map
As seen on the Map Table.
- 2.9.0 (October 19, 2023)
- Environment improvements have been made to prevent players becoming stuck or launched into the air while navigating Wanderers Refuge.
- 2.7.2 (January 19, 2023)
- There is no longer a hole deep underground at Wanderers Refuge.
- 2.6.2 (September 29, 2022)
- Players should no longer see overlapping textures at Wanderers Refuge.
- 2.0.4 (June 19, 2019)
- Players can no longer clip through the cannon base in the Wanderer’s Refuge cave lair.
- 1.0.0 (March 20, 2018)