With Ashen Winds scorching the hands of pirates across the Sea of Thieves, the team has been working on additional fixes based on feedback from the community and introducing those in today’s release of update 18.104.22.168.
For a refresher on all the new features introduced in May’s monthly content update, check out the full Ashen Winds release notes!
- Selling an Ashen Winds Skull to the Servant of the Flame now counts towards the Hunter of the Ashen Winds Commendation.
- Using an Ashen Winds Skull to set Fire to Skeletons now counts towards the Ashen Bones and Captain of Ashen Bones Commendations.
- Using an Ashen Winds Skull to set Fire to Skeleton Ships now counts towards the Warsmith of the Flame Commendation.
Combat and Hit Registration
- Attacking with ranged weapons while standing on the Arena hand-in ship will now correctly register shots on rival players.
- Attacking with ranged weapons while standing on a Rowboat will now correctly register shots on rival players.
Visual and Audio
- Windows 10 players with Radeon RX 500 Series cards should no longer experience intense lighting effects when looking at Ashen Curse pets.
Increased Latency and Server Correction
- In cases of high server density, some servers can exhibit performance hits leading to increased latency. This may result in lag spikes during gameplay, rubberbanding and server correction.
Players Impacted Following Server Migration
- We are currently tracking a number of player-impacting issues which can occur following a server migration. These include crews migrating near Outposts finding themselves moved to a location where another ship is already present, and issues with ship interaction points.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While improvements continue to be delivered during our content updates, this continues to be a key priority for the team.
Stuck UI Menus
- When interacting with a barrel and moving quickly through its inventory, players may find that the barrel’s state is not updated as items are removed. Players can also find the Game Options become stuck on-screen when exiting a barrel in this state.