Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help Sea of Thieves Wiki by expanding it.|
This article is a stub. You can help Sea of Thieves Wiki by expanding it.
The Pirate Chat Radial Menu is a feature of Sea of Thieves that allows Players to communicate with others via pre-prepared text prompt. The selected message will be displayed to the other players in their game language.
The Pirate Chat Radial Menu can be opened at any time with a designated button (by default, E on keyboard and on controller). Holding down the button, a player can choose between eight pre-prepared messages and broadcast any one of them. The same 8-16 messages are prepared at any given moment, however these messages can vary depending on what the player is interacting with.
A different set of Pirate Chat messages is prepared when interacting with various Items or objects in-game:
- When holding any Equipment Item in hand.
- When holding any Weapon in hand.
- When holding any Treasure or Quest Item in hand.
- When holding any Quest in your hand.
- When holding a post-Arena match Results page in hand.
- When holding any Pet in hand.
- When interacting with elements of the Ship: Wheel, Capstan, Map Table, Harpoon, or adjusting Sail length.
- When on a Rowboat.
- When in the Ferry of the Damned.
- When interacting with Sitting and Sleeping locations.
- Certain sitting locations have unique Pirate Chat options. Such locations include: the Captain's chair on a ship's Galleon, the Gold Hoarder's throne at Shores of Gold, and the throne in the Isla Tesoro Treasury.
- Holding a Speaking Trumpet in hand will broadcast any messages in all capitalised letters to mimic the item's voice-operated feature.
- 2.0 (April 30, 2019)
- When using the pirate chat radial, closing the second page of the radial without selecting a message will no longer automatically send a message.
- 1.4.3 (February 6, 2019)
- After handing in a chest, bringing up the pirate chat radial will provide the correct phrase options.
- Pirate Chat messages should no longer appear in the incorrect order in the Chat Window.
- First Release (March 20, 2018)