Trinkets are decorative items which can be placed in specific locations on a Captained ship by the owner or permission allowed crewmate of said ship.
Trinkets come in one of two types, Trophies and Ornaments.
Trophies are earned through leveling certain Pirate Milestones and then purchasing for gold from the Shipwright Shop. Trophy bases can be leveled up through four stages depending on the corresponding Milestone Class reached.
These numbers have only a few minor exceptions.
Each Trophy can be only be placed in one location at a time on a single Captained ship.
Ornaments are purely decorative models which can be purchased at any time from the Shipwright Shop for gold. Each Ornament can be placed up to five times in different locations on a single Captained ship.
Mountpoints are specific locations on ships which can be interacted with to place, change or remove a Trinket from that position.
The following table shows the number of mountpoints on each ship type.
In dangerous situations, Trinkets can become knocked askew or out of place. Any crewmate can interact with a nudged Trinket to adjust it back into place.
Trinkets can become knocked out of place by a number of occurrences:
- 2.6.3 (October 20, 2022)
- Players swapping Trinkets in quick succession will now find the correct Trinkets remain applied when starting the next game session.
- 2.6.2 (September 29, 2022)
- Trinkets now have a small chance to be nudged if they are submerged in water.
- When purchasing a Trinket tier, players no longer have to close and reopen the Shipwright Shop to buy the next tier.
- Realigning Trinkets will now cause controllers to vibrate.
- 2.6.0 (August 4, 2022)