Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gold is the primary form of currency in Sea of Thieves and is used to buy most standard cosmetic items and Voyages, as well as promotions for each Trading Company.
Gold can be spent at shops or Trading Companies found at Outposts and Seaposts.
Gold can be acquired through various means:
- Delivering and selling treasure to Trading Companies:
- Gold Hoarders accept Treasure Chests, Artefacts, and Mermaid and Siren Gems.
- Order of Souls accept Bounty Skulls, and Mermaid and Siren Gems.
- Merchant Alliance accept Animals, Resource Crates, Trade Good Crates, Cargo Crates, Gunpowder Barrels, and Mermaid and Siren Gems.
- The Hunter's Call accept fish, meat, Treacherous Plunder, and Mermaid and Siren Gems.
- Reaper's Bones accept all treasure at The Reaper's Hideout.
- Athena's Fortune accept all Athena's Treasure items.
- 50 - 2,000 found inside Treasure Chests after opening them
- 160 - 600 from Gold Pouches
- 1,000 from large Gold Pouches inside Ashen Chests
- 75 - 300 from Gold Piles inside Gold Hoarder Treasure Vaults
- 8,000 for completing a Tall Tale
- By Currency Exchange at the Bilge Rats for Doubloons
- Completing weekly test initiatives for the Insider Programme
- Purchasable from Microsoft Store exclusive bundles
- Leveling up through seasonal progression
- Completing certain Daily Deeds
Gold can be used in the following ways:
- Purchasing most cosmetics from Outpost and Seapost shops
- Purchasing Voyages from Trading Companies
- Purchasing Promotions from Trading Companies
- During the time that The Arena game mode was available, players could earn 2,000 - 6,000 (depending on placement) upon completion of a match.
- The Black Market previously contained a gold shop with Voyages and exclusive cosmetics available for purchase. These cosmetics can now be found at their respective Outpost shops.