(Redirected from Outpost)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Outposts are one of the Location types in Sea of Thieves. They are Island towns with a variety of characters and man-made structures that offer various services. Several Outposts are spread throughout the Sea of Thieves map.
Outposts serve a number of purposes:
- Outposts are where new crews and their Ships spawn when beginning a game, or sometimes after their Ship is sunk.
- Outposts contain Shops where Cosmetics for any Items can be purchased. Each Outpost contains one of each Shop.
- Representatives of Trading Companies can be found at Outposts, from whom Voyages, Promotions, thematic Cosmetics and Emissary Flags can be purchased. Every Representative has an Emissary Table next to them.
- Several Barrels can be found among the structures, where consumable Ship resources can be collected, like Cannonballs, Wooden Planks, Bait, and Fruit.
- Quest Boards are found by on the docks of every Outpost, where players can take or place custom Treasure Maps.
List of Outposts
Outposts and their Map coordinates:
- 2.6.0 (August 4, 2022)
- Added the Sovereigns to the outposts.
- 2.5.0 (March 10, 2022)
- Grass should no longer be seen mysteriously poking through the floor and walls of various Outpost taverns.
- 2.4.0 (December 2, 2021)
- Added sitting spots around the Outposts.
- 2.3.2 (November 11, 2021)
- When players explore the Outposts, they are now greeted with a subtle notification to confirm their location. While this feature is enabled by default to improve the new player experience, it can be disabled by adjusting ‘World Location Banners’ in the Settings menu.
- 2.3.1 (October 14, 2021)
- The signposts found on Outposts are now interactable. They provide directions to the nearest Trading Company representatives and the docks, helping players find the most direct route to wherever they need to be.
- 2.2.0 (June 22, 2021)
- Added Castaway's Camp to the outpost.
- 2.0.22 (February 18, 2021)
- Construction began on Castaway's Camp.
- Added a Glitterbeard journal to the tavern.
- 2.0.14 (April 22, 2020)
- Added Emissary Tables to the outpost.
- 2.0.11 (January 15, 2020)
- Duke comes back and takes his position back.
- Made the Easter Eggs on the outposts interactable.
- 2.0.8 (October 16, 2019)
- Duke has been replaced by Stitcher Jim.
- 2.0.7 (September 11, 2019)
- The Pirate Emporium is now open.
- 2.0 (April 30, 2019)
- Added the shroudbreaker Tall Tale book into the Tavern.
- 1.4.3 (February 6, 2019)
- Removed the chance for players to get stuck inside Gold Hoarder's flagpole at Outposts.
- 1.2.4 (August 30, 2018)
- The shop owners have returned to there shops and the mast in the middle of the island has disappeared.
- 1.2.0 (July 31, 2018)
- All of the shop owners are now outside of there shops.
- There is now a totem with a skeleton on it, on all of the outposts.
- 1.1.0 (May 29, 2018)
- 1.0.1 (March 27, 2018)
- Reduced likelihood of framerate hitches when navigating outposts.
- First Release (March 20, 2018)