This article may not be updated for Season 11. It may contain inaccuracies and requires updating.
Cargo Crates are a range of treasure items in Sea of Thieves that are primarily associated the Merchant Alliance Trading Company. Payment for these items will vary depending on the condition and timeliness of the delivery. Cargo Crates are either ordered through Cargo Run voyages, or found beached on islands. Each crate has a delivery address on it with Crates tied to Voyages or Quests requiring to be sold within a time limit. The current date and time can be tracked with the Pocket Watch.
Types of Cargo
- Crate of Plants: These Plants require to be watered with a Bucket or submerged in water every now and then to keep them from wilting.
- Crate of Luxurious Cloth: These delicate sheets cannot come in contact with Sea Water or they will start to rot. Keep them covered during Storms!
- Crate of Rum Bottles: Fragile bottles of every Pirate's favorite drink. The bottles can form cracks from the slightest jumps. Try to keep the Ship from crashing or combat while transporting these Crates!
Devil's Roar Cargo:
- Crate of Devil's Plants: Plants of the Devil's Roar, these shrubs need to be watered more frequently than their regular counterpart.
- Crate of Devil's Cloth: Luxurious linens of the Devil's Roar, this cloth can tolerate very little water. Keep it on high surfaces or the Rowboat!
- Crate of Devil's Rum Bottles: Bottles of the Devil's Roar that will break at the slightest bit of rough handling. Watch out for those nasty Geysers!
Cargo Value and Degradation
Cargo will deteriorate in value as it degrades in quality, with no way to reverse the effects. The gold rewards for the different states of the Crates are as follows:
- Crate of Plants - 700
- Crate of Luxurious Cloth - 700
- Crate of Rum Bottles - 700
Devil's Roar Cargo:
- Crate of Devil's Plants - 1,400
- Crate of Devil's Cloth - 1,400
- Crate of Devil's Rum Bottles - 1,400
- The Cargo Crates found beached on Islands have been found to be especially buggy, as sometimes they have no discernible Delivery Address, the Address is to a place that does not exist or the Addressee refuses to pay for the Goods.
- 2.6.3 (October 20, 2022)
- 2.5.0 (March 10, 2022)
- When players holding a Cargo Crate attempt to hand it in to the incorrect character, the tooltip now emphasises the correct hand-in location.
- 1.3.2 (October 31, 2018)
- Cargo Run VFX - Cargo crates now drip in accordance to their health (i.e. Cloth drips more when damaged and Plants drip more when at high health).
- Cargo crates can now be collected from Merchants if you have a contract that requires a crate pickup.
- 1.3.1 (October 10, 2018)