Content updates wait for no-one, so here we are delivering a fresh batch of fixes, event details and dark Emporium delights even as the latest time-limited Adventure drives Sea of Thieves’ story forward. If you're just joining us, see the trailer below to catch up on this Season’s initial content drop from a couple of months back...
Season Seven’s launch may seem like a distant memory to many pirates as Season Eight’s time draws near, but there’s still time to go back and catch up on those launch release notes too. Then read on for the latest updates!
It’s another month of dark and brooding Emporium vibes as the Graveyard Gladiator confronts you with a ship set, costume, weapon bundle and drum. Hear that cackling? The killer Spinal Costume is now in stock too! Evildoer Emotes and a spooky sale seal the deal...
- Anyone wishing to take full advantage of Season Seven rewards can still buy the Plunder Pass. Any rewards unlocked will become available upon purchase, so players who have raised their Renown throughout Season Seven can instantly see their hard work rewarded before the Season ends.
- This Season’s Plunder Pass offers early access to the complete Beachcomber's Bounty ship set and the evolving Baleful Bloom Costume, and can be purchased at any time through the Pirate Log, Pirate Emporium, Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store.
Halloween Emporium Sale
- Fabulous discounts are available on a range of Pirate Emporium items from October 28th to November 1st (10:00 UTC). Pirates will be able to pick up wicked deals under the Halloween tab including spooky costumes, pets, weapons and a wide range of emotes.
- To celebrate the sinister season, skeleton pets are also back for a limited time: head to the Emporium and make a killer saving on the Skeleton Pet Bundles!
- Pay tribute to a savage skeletal warrior who personifies the killer instinct!
- Players can perform the Victory Cackle Emote with this costume equipped – the shrill, triumphant laugh that inspired a generation of scrappy skeletons.
- Carry your challenge far and wide in a great chariot of the seas. Premium items such as the Collector’s Figurehead and Sails are separate purchases outside the main Ship Bundle.
- Players who only want the core components of this ship set can purchase the Graveyard Gladiator Essential Ship Bundle at a lower cost.
- Not just born for battle but reborn for it too, this undead champion will never stop seeking challengers.
- Players can perform the Dust to Dust Emote while wearing this costume, giving their adversaries a moment to understand that this will be the place where they fall.
- Four weapons of a seasoned champion, each one a combination of battle tool and trophy.
- A battle drum passed down through generations of people who savour the sensation of hitting things.
- Undertake or at least plan some pantomime villainy with this set of nefarious emotes.
Freebie Juggling Pumpkins Emote
- Beginner level: coconuts. Intermediate level: pumpkins. Advanced level: blunderbombs.
Chosen Champion Bundle (Store Only)
- Available only from the Xbox, Microsoft and Steam Stores, the Chosen Champion Bundle contains the Graveyard Gladiator Costume, Weapon Bundle and Drum, along with 550 Ancient Coins to spend in the Pirate Emporium and a free bonus of 25,000 gold. Head to the Microsoft Store or Steam Item Store to find out more.
Some traditions transcend time and place, as you can see from the Tricksters and Treaters Event getting ready to go on the last weekend of the month! There’ll also be more Twitch Drops before Season Seven retreats into the mists of history...
Tricksters and Treaters (October 28th – November 1st)
- This year, Sea of Thieves marks the spooky season in a new way: with a Tricksters and Treaters in-game Event that asks pirates to enable generous treats or undertake dastardly tricks!
- Tricksters and Treaters compete to raise enough points to meet their own cumulative Community Goals, with bespoke rewards and a Title on offer to those who play their part.
- Keep an eye on Sea of Thieves social channels for updates as this Event approaches, and check the Events Hub for a link to all the info when it's live!
- Continue to unlock even more cosmetics throughout Season Seven with Twitch Drops! Stay tuned to Sea of Thieves social channels to find out when Twitch Drops will be active for Partnered streamers, allowing players to earn Eastern Winds Sapphire items. Find out how to link your accounts and more on our dedicated Twitch Drops page.
‘The Herald of the Flame’ (October 13th – October 27th)
- With The Devil’s Roar fallen silent, Belle fears a prophecy could be coming true, heralding a dark ritual soon to take place. Her allies set off to scour the region, uncover the truth and face the fallout in this eighth time-limited Adventure!
- ‘The Herald of the Flame’ Adventure will remain available to play until October 27th. Speak to Larinna with your whole crew present to begin the Adventure.
Seared Forsaken Ashes Equipment and Weapons
- The Outpost equipment and weapon shops now offer the Seared Forsaken Ashes items for purchase with gold.
- The ominous ship cloud in the sky signifying an encounter with a Skeleton Fleet has returned to the rotation of world events.
- Players taking on a Skeleton Fort should no longer find that skeleton waves halt, preventing the encounter from progressing.
- Handing Devil’s Roar Cargo Run Crates in on time and in perfect condition will now update the following Commendations correctly: Merchant of Forsaken Silk, Merchant of Forsaken Flora and Merchant of Forsaken Rum.
- Players who start a solo Captained session should no longer see a notification that the Captain has left.
- Players swapping Trinkets in quick succession will now find the correct Trinkets remain applied when starting the next game session.
- Players discarding Captain’s Voyages in quick succession will now find the correct Voyages in the Captain’s Bookshelf when starting the next game session.
- Players enabling ‘Replace Gamertag on Ship’s Banners’ will now find this setting persists across sessions.
- Players enabling ‘Replace Ship Names’ will now find all ship names are replaced when browsing owned ships in the Ship’s Log.
- A customised Captain’s Logbook will now retain its customisation when dropped on the ground.
- The Ancient Chain ornament no longer moves strangely when the ship is moving.
- When clicking on locked Captaincy items in the Ship Customisation Chest and Flag Box, players will now hear the correct audio effects.
- Filtering by ‘Items I Own’ in any customisation shop no longer causes the supply and Voyage shops to appear empty.
- Crews returning to the Sea of Thieves after visiting the Sea of the Damned should no longer see the Ship’s Crest visual effects replay.
- The ‘Info & Tips’ button can now be found when first interacting with the Ship Customisation Chest.
- Players can no longer swim through the wall with the Siren riddle in the Shrine of Tribute.
- Players can no longer jump into the gap in the map and fall underneath that area within the Shrine of Ancient Tears.
- Loot no longer disappears when placed at the Vault's entrance on Kraken Watchtower.
Visual and Audio
- The Bleakheart Banshee Eye of Reach scope no longer becomes transparent after reloading and shooting.
- ‘The Seabound Soul’ – On Pendragon's arrival, he will now appear alongside his sword.
- ‘Heart of Fire’ – On Pendragon's arrival, he will now appear alongside his sword.
Text and Localisation
- Approaching Sharon the shipwright at New Golden Sands Outpost now brings up the correct interaction text.
- When navigating UI menus, font artifacts should no longer be left behind on-screen.
- The ship selection screen now correctly displays text in Turkish and German languages.
Performance and Stability
- Improved server stability to reduce scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
- Client stability has also been improved, reducing scenarios where players experience a game crash.
‘The Herald of the Flame’ Quest Items
- When playing latest Adventure 'The Herald of the Flame', should a crew experience a server migration while carrying the Vault Key, it may not migrate to the new server with them. Affected players will receive a “Vault Key Lost” message and the Adventure will need to be restarted.
Larinna Adventure Dialogue Discoverability
- Unless a player's whole crew are present when talking to Larinna, she will only have dialogue about Captained ships and will not offer the option to begin the latest Adventure.
Reduced Server Performance
- Players may experience scenarios where they encounter ping spikes at random while playing, resulting in rubberbanding or client stutters. While improvements were most recently released in update 2.5.3, the team continue to work on further improvements for future updates.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to the player combat experience.
Download and Installation
- Xbox Series X: 7.39 GB
- Xbox Series S: 4.32 GB
- Xbox One X: 7.39 GB
- Xbox One: 4.32 GB
- Microsoft Store: 7.12 GB
- Steam: 6.24 GB