The Reaper's Hideout
The Reaper's Hideout, formerly known unofficially as Killer Whale Island, Uncharted Reef, or simply Uncharted Island I-12, is the base of operations for the Reaper's Bones Trading Company and the sole location to sell Treasure for Reputation with the Company.
For much of the Game's history, the Island remained Uncharted and unnamed. The Island was first charted during Festival of Giving (2019) when it played host to the Masked Stranger, and was given its current function with Ships of Fortune.
The Reaper's Hideout is a reef defined by green-tinged fog characteristic of The Wilds and dead plants across the Island. The Island has two distinct landmasses, the southernmost of which plays host to the The Servant of the Flame and his Trading Company's fortified hideout. In the water near the Hideout, wrecked in the island's dead reef, is the wreck of Merrick's Killer Whale.
During Festival of Giving (2019) through Ships of Fortune
Starting with the Festival of Giving (2019) content update, then-Bilge Rats member the Masked Stranger began construction of the Reaper's Hideout on the Uncharted Island under the guise of accepting mysterious Gifts on behalf of her Trading Company. As time passed, however, her small tent morphed into a fortified hideout as construction progressed and the island's foliage and reef appeared to be dying. By Ships of Fortune, the island was a veritable stronghold for the brand-new Reaper's Bones Trading Company, armed with four fortified Cannons.
During The Hungering Deep and earlier
Before playing host to the Reaper's Bones, Uncharted Island I-12 was a lush reef occupied only by Merrick's Killer Whale. During The Hungering Deep, players would travel to the island to find one of Merrick's three lost journals in the crow's nest of the Killer Whale.
The Reaper's Hideout features the following instalments players may find useful while exploring the Island:
- The Servant of the Flame
- a Reaper's Shrine
- 4 Cannons
- Several Barrels
- Several Ammo Chests
- One of Merrick's lost Journals
- a Ship Customization Chest
- The Reaper's Lair
- Players should be wary while selling their treasure at The Servant of the Flame, as the Island's dense fog and dark atmosphere make hiding players waiting to ambush you much more difficult to spot.
- The shallow reef around the island makes sailing in the waters near the Hideout hazardous and potentially difficult to navigate.
- The Reaper's Hideout appears to belong to the Shores of Plenty region, as region-specific fish, such as the Shores Stormfish can be caught there.
- The Island appears to have an increased spawn rate for Ammo Crates and Cannonball Crates relative to other Islands.
- The Reaper's Hideout was the first island to use a Cannon skin other than the Sailor Cannons, using instead the Notorious Reaper Cannons.
- The beacon-like Mast resting over the Hideout was the mainmast of the Killer Whale, Merrick's former Galleon, the wreck of which can be found nearby.
The inside of the Reaper's Bones Tent.
The Servant of the Flame inside the tent.
The Reaper's Shrine inside the tent.
The Skeleton Glyphs on the floor of the tent state: Pirates for all Eternity
The teepee with Merrick's Commemorative painting and journal have been trashed with the completion of the Hideout.
January 2020 - March 2020
The old location of the first Drawing made by the Masked Stranger
The old overview of the island back when it was an Uncharted Island.