As Season Eight continues, the team have been working on the next time-limited Adventure along with additional fixes based on feedback from the community. We’re introducing more of this content to the game in today’s release, update 184.108.40.206.
For more information on all the features that arrived last month in Season Eight, check out the launch release notes!
While decorating her tavern for the Festival of Giving, Tasha finds a long-forgotten gift from Captain Briggsy. She sets out to follow the map, but returns with much more than she bargained for. Now she and Madame Olivia seek the aid of fearless pirates in this tenth time-limited Adventure...
‘The Rogue's Legacy’ (December 8th – December 22nd)
- After hearing of Tasha’s troubles, Larinna directs pirates to Plunder Outpost to speak with Madame Olivia, who seeks a cure within the memories of the infamous Captain Briggsy.
- By following the clues Briggsy left behind in ‘Lessons on Becoming an Adventurer’, venture into The Wilds to complete the tasks and challenges once meant for Tasha, bringing back artefacts to help Olivia find the answers she needs.
- Pirates who fully complete the Adventure will earn an exclusive Title and a cosmetic reward to serve as a Memento of their quest.
The Battle for the Sea of Thieves
Faction Progression Balancing
- Following player feedback and internal review, the amount of Allegiance required to progress beyond level 100 with the Guardians of Fortune and Servants of the Flame has been increased.
- Our intention with the level 1000 rewards was to create a long-term reward for skilled players to strive towards, and recent changes made will help boost that challenge and make the accomplishment truly reflective of players’ efforts in the Battle for the Sea of Thieves.
- Players travelling beneath the waves should no longer able to receive damage from their crewmates.
- Players who arrive on the Ferry of the Damned while their ship is diving into the deep will now be returned to their ship safely, and no longer return to the world as a ghost with unintended consequences.
- Crews defeated in battle will now consistently be moved to the sinking wreck sequence before being taken to a new server, even when crewmates are present on the Ferry of the Damned.
- Crews defeated in battle and immediately leaving the game will no longer cause the winning crew to become stuck in battle and unable to continue their Streak.
- Crews sailing through the Tunnels of the Damned as part of the Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life Tall Tales will now be able to fire their cannons as normal upon arriving at their location.
Performance and Stability
- Client stability has been improved, reducing scenarios where players experience a game crash.
- Crews may encounter scenarios where a Legend of the Veil Voyage can fail due to a missing Quest Item that was safely stored on a ship.
- Crews will not currently unlock the Nigh Unsinkable! achievement on Xbox or Steam when reaching an Allegiance Streak of 4.
Visual Issues Underwater Following Battle
- After diving beneath the waves to find a rival crew in the Battle for the Sea of Thieves, players visiting the Sunken Kingdom may experience visual issues when swimming into the depths.
‘Gold Earned’ Milestone Issues
- Crews earning gold by cashing in an Hourglass of Fate following a Battle will find the ‘Gold Earned’ Milestones do not currently progress.
Reduced Server Performance
- Players may experience scenarios where they encounter ping spikes at random while playing, resulting in rubberbanding or client stutters. While improvements were most recently released in update 2.5.3, the team continue to work on further improvements for future updates.
Ranged and Melee Weapon Hit Detection
- In areas of intense action, players may find themselves firing shots or landing strikes that do not cause damage to their targets. While small improvements continue to be delivered during our regular updates, we are continuing to investigate and identify further improvements to the player combat experience.