Rag and Bone Crates
Rag & Bone Crates are a type of Bilge Rats Treasure in Sea of Thieves. These Crates are filled with bones recovered from inside Reaper's Boxes that are supposedly used for performing summoning rituals. These Crates have a delivery note to specific Seaposts, similar to Cargo Crates that are delivered for the Merchant Alliance. Instead of Gold, these Crates reward players with Bilge Rats Doubloons on delivery. Alternatively, the Crates can be delivered to The Servant of the Flame for Reaper's Bones Reputation and Doubloons (and Emissary Value when sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary).
There are in total 5 differently coloured Rag and Bone Crates, each having to be delivered to a specific Seapost.
Where to Find
Rag and Bone Crates can be found from the following sources:
- 1 random Crate guaranteed as a reward for solving the Skeleton's Orders Quest dropped by a defeated Skeleton Lord boss of a Skeleton Fort
- Chance to find beached above the shorelines of Islands, excluding Outposts and Seaposts
- Reward for Reaper’s Grave Voyages that were available for purchase during the Smuggler’s Fortune Content Update
Rag and Bone Crates can be sold to:
- Specific Traders stationed at Seaposts marked on the delivery notes of the Crate for Bilge Rat Doubloons
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Doubloons and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for sold Rag and Bone Crates (only applicable when selling to the Reaper's Bones):
|Emissary Grade||Doubloons||Emissary Value|
There are five different Rag and Bone Crates separated by their colour. The type of Rag and Bone Crate that players can find is currently randomised.
|White Rag & Bone Crate||The White Rag and Bone Crate can have a delivery address to any of the 8 Seaposts in The Sea of Thieves.
The White variant could previously only be picked up from designated Seaposts as a part of the Seapost to Seapost Voyage.
|Green Rag & Bone Crate||The Green Crate's delivery address is always Catherine at Three Paces East Seapost.|
|Red Rag & Bone Crate||The Red Crate's delivery address is always Jonah at The Wild Treasures Store.|
|Yellow Rag & Bone Crate||The Yellow Crate's delivery address is always Serik at The North Star Seapost.|
|Purple Rag & Bone Crate||The Purple Crate's delivery address is always Stephen at Stephen's Spoils.|
- If the player is not going for related Commendations, it is recommended to sell these Crates to the Reaper's Bones as they will offer increasing Doubloon, Reputation and Emissary Value multipliers for selling these items to The Servant of the Flame as Graded Reaper's Bones Emissaries.
- Picking up and placing a Rag and Bone Crate on a Ship for the first time gives Emissary Grade Reputation to Trading Company Emissaries representing the Reaper's Bones.
- All Rag and Bone Crates emit a White Glint from a distance.
- All Rag and Bone Crates can be caught with a Harpoon.
The following Titles are related to delivering Rag & Bone Crates:
|Image||Title||Description & Requirements|
|Bone Haul Bearer||Deliver 50 Rag and Bone Crates to their respective Seaposts. |
('Bone Haul Bearer' Commendation).
|Bone Haul Bandit||Deliver 10 stolen Rag and Bone Crates to their respective Seaposts. |
('Bone Haul Bandit' Commendation).
|Merchant of Death||Deliver a Rag and Bone Crate to all eight Seaposts on time. |
('Merchant of Death' Commendation).
During the Smuggler’s Fortune Update in September 2019, Duke sent players on Mercenary Voyages to pick or dig up these Crates and deliver them to Seaposts around The Sea of Thieves for Doubloons or Gold. Once picked up or uncovered, each Rag & Bone Crate will need to be delivered to the appointed Seapost address in 36 in-game hours.
- If the Crate was delivered on time, players received 5
- If the Crate was late, players would instead receive 1,500
Due to the high gold yield for late Crates, the game received a hotfix where the pricing of late Crate payouts was reduced from 1500 Gold to 250 Gold.
After the update, the Crates could only be found shored on Islands randomly, but due to a bug, they were almost always late and rewarded Crews with just 250 Gold. Due to this, the delivery date and time were later removed from the Crates, also removing the gold reward of the item. With the February 2020 Crews of Rage (Content Update), the Skeleton's Orders Quests dropped by Skeleton Fort Lords started giving out Rag and Bone Crates.
- Not only do these Crates share the model with Crate of Ancient Bone Dust, they also share the unique Pirate Chat command *Cough* This is so dusty...