Islands are land locations that serve as some of the most common destinations for Quests and World Events.
List of regional islands
There are 74 charted islands found across the named regions of The Sea of Thieves split across 25 large islands, 39 small islands, and 10 Fortresses.
This does not include Sea Forts, Seaposts, Outposts, or Siren Shrines / Treasuries as these are not classified as Islands within the Master Explorer seasonal trial.
Large Islands are significant landmasses consisting of hills, caves, and the ruins of old settlements.
Riddle Maps are exclusive to these islands due to their size and vast selection of unique landmarks.
Small Islands are much smaller landmasses that are not large enough to have the landmarks for Riddle Maps. However, they can still hold a fair share of secrets, plenty of treasure, and host a variety of enemies.
Skeleton Forts are islands fortified with structures built by skeleton forces. These locations can host the Skeleton Fort or Fort of Fortune raid style world events, while the more unique Fort of the Damned raid hosted solely at the Fort of the Damned island. Most regions have three Skeleton Forts, while The Devil's Roar has only one, and The Ancient Isles has two Forts plus the Fort of the Damned which was previously a regular Skeleton Fort known as Old Boot Fort.
- Animals are not found on Skeleton Forts.
- Skeleton Forts are not targets for most traditional Voyages, with exception of Lost Shipments.
- They do not spawn most random treasure, or Cursed Mermaid Statues.
|Keel Haul Fort||C-6||The Shores of Plenty|
|Hidden Spring Keep||I-8||The Shores of Plenty|
|Sailor's Knot Stronghold||E-14||The Shores of Plenty|
|Lost Gold Fort||H-17||The Ancient Isles|
|Fort of the Damned
(previously Old Boot Fort)
|L-14||The Ancient Isles|
|The Crow's Nest Fortress||O-17||The Ancient Isles|
|Skull Keep||P-9||The Wilds|
|Kraken Watchtower||L-6||The Wilds|
|Shark Fin Camp||P-5||The Wilds|
|Molten Sands Fortress||Z-11||The Devil's Roar|
List of uncharted & other islands
These islands either don't belong to any major region or don't appear on the ship's Map Table, either because they are uncharted, or exist outside the Sea of Thieves.
|The Reaper's Hideout||I-12||No associated region||Base of operations for the Reaper's Bones.|
|"Uncharted Island (K-9)"
(No official name)
|K-9||The Shores of Plenty||The island also sits atop a cave system containing a Skeleton Throne. A Coral Inu can be found on the island's beach.|
|"Uncharted Island (N-13)"
(No official name)
|N-13||The Wilds||Known for its coral reefs, Ancient underwater cave, and the Magpie's Wing shipwreck.|
|"Uncharted Island (K-11)"
(no official name)
|K-11||No associated region||Location of The Glorious Sea Dog, tavern and former home to the Sea Dogs.|
|Tribute Peak||Y-3||The Devil's Shroud||Also known as "The Shores of Gold". |
Mysterious uncharted island hidden in The Devil's Shroud, found east of The Wilds.
|Old Sailor's Isle||n/a||Outside The Sea of Thieves||An island located in the world beyond The Devil's Shroud. |
Visited during the Maiden Voyage.
Other notable locations:
- 22.214.171.124 (November 3, 2022)
- Players should now hear the appropriate waterfall sounds when exploring various islands.
- 2.0.10 (December 11, 2019)
- Added Old Sailor Isle.
- 2.0.14 (April 22, 2020)
- Added The Reaper's Hideout to the Map Table.
- 2.0.8 (October 16, 2019)
- Renamed Old Boot Fort to Fort of the Damned.
- 2.0 (April 30, 2019)
- Added Tribute Peak and The Glorious Sea Dog.
- 1.4.3 (February 6, 2019)
- Added Molten Sands Fortress.
- 1.3.0 (September 27, 2018)
- Added The Devil's Roar region with 14 island locations.
- 1.1.2 (June 13, 2018)
- Further improvements to load times and streaming of islands.
- 1.1.1 (June 5, 2018)
- Further improvements to frame rate when streaming islands.
- 1.0.8 (May 23, 2018)
- Frame rates while streaming islands have been improved.
- 1.0.4 (April 18, 2018)
- Increased quality of island rendering at a distance when using the spyglass on all quality settings on both platforms.
- 1.0.1 (March 27, 2018)
- Lighting has been tweaked in order to improve performance on multiple islands.
- Sizeable framerate improvements when traversing large islands.
- First Release (March 20, 2018)