|This article is a stub. You can help Sea of Thieves Wiki by .
Resources are consumable items stored in the player's inventory. They are useful for combat, maintaining a player's ship, restoring health, or utility purposes. Many resources can be sold to Trading Companies either by selling them stored in Resource Crates, or some resources may be sold individually.
Where to find
Resources can be obtained from the following sources:
- All player ships start with a modest supply of basic resources in their Cannonball Barrels, Food Barrels, and Wood Barrels.
- When a player's ship sinks, the resource barrels will float at the surface of where the ship sank for any player to access.
- Well-stocked Resource Crates can be purchased from the Merchant Alliance, Shipwright Shop, and Hunter's Call.
- Resource Crates can sometimes be found washed up on the shores of islands containing a random supply of items.
- Resources can be found in barrels, and Barrels of Plenty across in the world. (Each barrel's stocks will vary.)
- Resources can be found in the supply box of a Rowboat.
- Chance to find washed up on the shores of islands, either individually or in Resource Crates.
- Meat is dropped by their associated creatures when defeated.
- Fish can caught through fishing.
- Bait can be dug up from the ground using a shovel.
List of Resources
Resources are split among the categories listed below. Categories can apply to a single item, or encompass a group of items that all share a similar use. Players are limited to how much of a category they may carry in their inventory but may choose any combination of items within that limit.
|Player inventory limit
|Plain ammunition for cannons capable of dealing direct damage to players, creatures, and ships.
|Variety of cannon ammunitions that are mostly imbued with unique effects. They come in three main forms: Purple Cursed Cannonballs, Green Cursed Cannonballs, and Ghostly Cannonballs.
|Specialised cannon ammunition used to deal heavy damage to specific ship components: Masts, Wheels, or Capstans. Chainshots will only cause minor damage to ships' Hulls.
|Cannon ammunition which can also be thrown by players. There are two types of Throwables: Blunderbombs which deal area of effect damage/knockback and Firebombs which set objects on fire.
|Food is a resource directly consumed by pirates to restore their health. There are three types of food: Fruit, Meat, and Fish.
Eating food will instantly restore a player's health, and perfectly cooked meat and fish will also grant health regeneration over time.
|Used to repair damage dealt to ships. Wooden Planks can also be used to start fires at cooking spots.
|Used with a Fishing Rod to catch specifc fish while fishing. There are three types of bait: Earthworms, Grubs, and Leeches.
Eating bait can restore 10 health, but will cause the player's pirate to be sick and vomit.
Stored in Food Barrel alongside food items.
|Cannon ammunition used primarily to create a display of lights in the sky. There are two types of Fireworks: Fireworks, primarily used for colourful displays of light, and Signal Flares, which create a temporary but powerful light source capable of making Shadow Skeletons vulnerable. Both types may also be used as weapons to (unreliably) start fires on ships if they come into contact with when shot, or create a blinding flash around their location of impact.
Each Rowboat has a Supply Box on the back seat that can be used to store Resources.
Resource Crates are portable storage for resources obtainable from several sources across the Sea of Thieves. Some crates can only store specific types of resources, and can be sold to specific Trading Companies for Gold and Reputation.