Red Striped Snake
This article may not be updated for Season 11. It may contain inaccuracies and requires updating.
Red Striped Snakes are a type of Snake in Sea of Thieves. The Red Striped Snake can be caught inside a Snake Basket and sold to the Merchant Alliance for Gold, Reputation (and Emissary Value when sailing as Trading Company Emissaries). Alternatively, snakes can be killed for Snake Meat, which can then be cooked and eaten for Health or sold to The Hunter's Call for Gold and Reputation.
Snakes can be found roaming around on Islands, minding their own business. Snakes have very little health and drop raw Snake Meat when killed. Any Snakes that die to Fire or Explosives may leave behind Burnt or Cooked Meat instead.
Snakes are one of the three Animals that are valuable to the Merchant Alliance Trading Company. The Merchant Senior Traders on Outposts offer Merchant Voyages that may send players in search of Snakes to be captured and delivered to a specific Outpost by a specific time. Red Striped Snakes may be one of the Animals required for capture in a Merchant Contract. To capture a Snake, players need to hold a Snake Basket in hand and hold down the
Primary Interact Button near them. Snake Baskets can be picked up from any Senior Trader at Outposts when Snakes are requested in the Merchant Contract. Snake Baskets can also randomly be found on Islands.
Snakes can be made passive for a short duration by playing them a Shanty.
Snakes inside Snake Baskets can still die from any source of damage meaning that they need to be kept safe from any source of harm.
Snake Baskets cannot be sold empty and are only valuable with a Snake inside.
Red Striped Snakes captured inside Snake Baskets can be sold for an un-commissioned reward or a commissioned reward when a Merchant Contract for the snake is issued. Alternatively Snake Meat from a killed Snake can be sold to The Hunter's Call.
Red Striped Snakes inside Snake Baskets can be sold to:
- Merchant Alliance Senior Traders stationed at the docks of Outposts for Gold and Merchant Alliance Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Merchant Alliance Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for the sold un-commissioned Snake:
If Crews have an active Merchant Contract Commission, requesting the delivery of a captured Red Striped Snake to a specified Senior Trader by a set time, they can earn 10 times as much gold and 15 times as much Emissary Value for the delivered animal. This bonus does not apply when sold to the Reaper's Bones Company.
The following is the reward chart for the sold commissioned Snake:
The following is the reward chart for sold Snake Meat:
|Snake Meat Value
Where to find
- Animals cannot be found in The Devil's Roar Region, Forts, Outposts, Seaposts, The Reaper’s Hideout nor Uncharted Islands, but they do appear on Tribute Peak.
- Snakes will drown if their Snake Basket is left in the water for too long.
- If an Island does not have the specific type of Snake requested by a Merchant Contract, Players can reset the Island's Animal population by dying and going into the Ferry of the Damned together.
- Captured Animals can die from damage sources such as Fire, Explosives, Cannonball blasts, Snake Venom, Player Weapons and Lightning strikes.
- Merchant of the Serpent's Scale → Deliver 200 Snakes on schedule
- Precious Commodities → Deliver 600 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying the Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Prestigious Merchant → Deliver 320 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying a Grade 5 Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Cargo Captured → Deliver 480 Merchant Alliance Consignments to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.