White Feathered Chicken
This article may not be updated for Season 11. It may contain inaccuracies and requires updating.
White Feathered Chickens are a type of Chicken in Sea of Thieves. The White Feathered Chicken can be caught inside a Chicken Coop and sold to the Merchant Alliance for Gold, Reputation (and Emissary Value when sailing as Trading Company Emissaries). Alternatively, chickens can be killed for Chicken Meat, which can then be cooked and eaten for Health or sold to The Hunter's Call for Gold and Reputation.
Chickens can be found roaming around in groups on Islands, minding their own business. Chickens have very little health and drop raw Chicken Meat when killed. Any Chickens that die to Fire or Explosives may leave behind Burnt or Cooked Meat instead.
Chickens are one of the three Animals that are valuable to the Merchant Alliance Trading Company. The Merchant Senior Traders on Outposts offer Merchant Voyages that may send players in search of Chickens to be captured and delivered to a specific Outpost by a specific time. White Feathered Chickens may be one of the Animals required for capture in a Merchant Contract. To capture a Chicken, players need to hold a Chicken Coop in hand and hold down the
Primary Interact Button near them. Chicken Coops can be picked up from any Senior Trader at Outposts when Chickens are requested in the Merchant Contract. Chicken Coops can also randomly be found on Islands.
Chickens inside Chicken Coops can still die from any source of damage meaning that they need to be kept safe from any source of harm.
Chicken Coops cannot be sold empty and are only valuable with a Chicken inside.
White Feathered Chickens captured inside Chicken Coops can be sold for an un-commissioned reward or a commissioned reward when a Merchant Contract for the chicken is issued. Alternatively Chicken Meat from a killed Chicken can be sold to The Hunter's Call.
White Feathered Chickens inside Chicken Coops can be sold to:
- Merchant Alliance Senior Traders stationed at the docks of Outposts for Gold and Merchant Alliance Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Merchant Alliance Emissary)
- The Servant of the Flame at The Reaper’s Hideout for Gold and Reaper's Bones Reputation and Emissary Value (if sailing as a Reaper's Bones Emissary)
The following is the reward chart for the sold un-commissioned Chicken:
If Crews have an active Merchant Contract Commission, requesting the delivery of a captured White Feathered Chicken to a specified Senior Trader by a set time, they can earn 10 times as much gold and 15 times as much Emissary Value for the delivered animal. This bonus does not apply when sold to the Reaper's Bones Company.
The following is the reward chart for the sold commissioned Chicken:
The following is the reward chart for sold Chicken Meat:
|Chicken Meat Value
Where to find
- Animals cannot be found in The Devil's Roar Region, Forts, Outposts, Seaposts, The Reaper’s Hideout nor Uncharted Islands, but they do appear on Tribute Peak.
- Chickens will drown if their Chicken Coop is left in the water for too long.
- If an Island does not have the specific type of Chicken requested by a Merchant Contract, Players can reset the Island's Animal population by dying and going into the Ferry of the Damned together.
- Captured Animals can die from damage sources such as Fire, Explosives, Cannonball blasts, Snake Venom, Player Weapons and Lightning strikes.
- Merchant of the Dawn Caller → Deliver 200 Chickens on schedule
- Precious Commodities → Deliver 600 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying the Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Prestigious Merchant → Deliver 320 Merchant Alliance Consignments while flying a Grade 5 Merchant Alliance Emissary Flag.
- Cargo Captured → Deliver 480 Merchant Alliance Consignments to the Reaper's Bones
- Plundered Prizes → Sell 600 of any Trading Company items while flying the Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.
- Fearless Reaper → Sell 320 of any Trading Company items while flying a Grade 5 Reaper's Bones Emissary Flag.